Your author business plan - ebook
Take your writing career to the next level
You are an author. You turn ideas into reality in the form of a book.
You turn the thoughts in your head into valuable intellectual property assets. You understand how powerful the written word can be.
Now is the time to use your words to create a business plan to take your writing career to the next level, whatever your situation.
My name is Joanna Penn and I've been a full-time author-entrepreneur for almost ten years. In this book, I'll walk you through the process of creating a business plan that will help you achieve your creative and financial goals.
It is aimed at fiction and non-fiction writers, as well as those who want to include other products, services, and revenue streams. It also applies to authors who are just starting out or those who already have an established business. A plan is useful at all stages of the journey.
- The first part deals with the summary of your business and your author brand, helping you decide on the general direction of what you want to achieve and who you want to serve.
- The second part covers the process of producing your writing, publishing, licensing, products and services.
- Part 3 discusses your marketing strategy and author ecosystem.
- Part 4 covers the financial side of your business, from mindset to revenue and costs, and how to pay yourself now and in the future.
- The final chapter will give you a framework for simplifying your plan and turning it into actionable steps within a chosen time frame.
In each section, I provide examples from my own business plan, and you'll find questions you'll need to answer, templates and resources that can help you along the way, and sample business plans for different types of authors.
It's time to take your writing career to the next level. Let's start building your business plan.
Note: This book does not explain in detail how to approach specific topics, for example, how to self-publish a book or how to do content marketing. I cover these topics in my other books for authors.