The mindset of the successful author - ebook
How to survive the author's journey
Being an author is not always easy.
And all creative careers can feel like a roller coaster ride.
Self-doubt, lack of self-confidence, fear of failure, need for validation, perfectionism, white page syndrome, need to compare yourself to others, burnout and many other emotions and complexes can block your path. And when you encounter these negative thoughts, it's hard to know where to turn. But this is part of the creative and professional path of the author, and any author can find himself confronted with it.
This book lists the various pitfalls that can negatively influence the author's state of mind, pitfalls that I have also encountered during my 9 years as an author, and that you may also encounter in your journey as an author.
Each chapter precisely describes the symptoms and reasons for each of these problems and offers an antidote, so that you can choose from them over time. They also contain excerpts from my personal diaries written several years earlier or comments by famous authors.
I hope this book will help you in your career and personal journey.
What you will find in this book
I. Psychological aspects of creativity and writing
1. Lack of self-confidence and impostor syndrome
2. Need for validation
3. Fear of failure
4. Fear of rejection and criticism
5. Your Inner Critic
6. Fear of judgment
8. Author blocking and procrastination
9. “I'm not creative. I have no idea. »
10. “My writing isn't original. »
11. “Why write? There are already too many books in the world. »
12. “I don't have the time or the self-discipline to write. »
13. “I don't find writing very fun. It's hard work. »
14. “I spend my time starting things and not finishing them. »
15. Relations with family, friends and groups of writers
16. "How do I find my voice?" »
17. Comparaisionite or “Everyone is better than me”
II. Aspects of post-publication mood
1. Anti-climax and creative dissatisfaction
2. What is your definition of success?
3. What happens when you tell people you're an author?
4. "I'm overwhelmed"
5. Interact with fans. Authenticity and limits
6. Haters will hate
7. Ambition, fame and fortune
8. Give up
III. Tips for Success in the Author Journey
1. Know yourself
2. Understand and refine your creative process
3. Develop professional habits
4. Manage professional relationships
5. Take control of your writing career
6. Find your community
7. Keep Learning
8. Schedule rest and take time off
9. Think long term. Create a set of works
You will receive the epub and Mobi version of this book. No PDF